Monday, July 19, 2010

Musing Mondays


Musing Mondays is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Sould be Reading.

This week’s musing asks…

What does your bookshelf (or, what do your bookshelves) say about you to the people who come into your home?



Well, probably that I spend too much money on books. Over the last 1 1/2 years, I´ve bought roughly 245 books over at Amazon alone. That doesn´t include books I found in a book store, I got from the library, that were given to me (I practically tell everyone to give me books to Christmas/birthdays/other occasions) or books I won.

And while my TBR pile is admittedly very unorganized, the books I´ve read are all neatly shelved.
They are sorted by series, authors and publishers (I mentioned I´m a little OCD, right?). One time, I even tried sorting them by colors, but that was just wrong. And not very pretty. Anyways...

Maybe my self also shows my love for books. I hate it when people make dog-ears or stauns in their books, or when the spine is broken. I treat my books really carefully. There´s one incident my roommates remember very vividly: I sat in the kitchen reading "Silver Born" by Patricia Briggs and I was totally captivated by it. I didn´t really noticed what was going on around me. I just had a glass of cherry juice in my hand. Someone called my on my moblie and my sister tried to give it to me. I didn´t see her coming, was very startled when she appeared behind me and jerked uncontrolled. The lesson I leard from this episode: books + cherry juice= not a very good idea. It took days for the book to dry. I was very upset about it and my sister felt really bad. She even offered to buy a new copy for me (she´s so sweet), but I declined, as it was an accident after all.

Well after all the rambling a short conclusion: My selves are packed with books sorted and in great shape: I guess every other book-aholic knows what I´m talking about!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Aww poor book, bad cherry juice! My shelves are packed neatly all in order too.

Christine said...

From that day on I was cured from drinking cherry juice. :)