Monday, June 14, 2010

Musing Mondays


Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading
Today, she asks the following question:
Who in your family (both immediate & extended) are readers, and who are not?


I guess sadly, I´m the only obsessed reader in my family. But there´s my sister. She´s four years older that me and we live together with her boyfriend in the same apartment. Even though we´re very much alike, our reading habits tend to differ. She prefers to read German chick lit, but, due to my superior persuasion skills, she has finally started reading a little bit of Urban Fantasy (Georgina Kincaid Series by Michelle Read, right now Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill). So far, she likes it, but she doesn´t seem as enthusiastic as myself. Other books like the Kate Daniels series "sound too violent" for her. Hmm.
My boyfriend never reads. Period. (And no, I don´t count reading textbooks four his classes at university as reading.)
My mother likes to read from time to time, but she prefers thrillers and other random bestsellers. She prefers to go to the library, because she rather spands her money on different things. Lucky me that she doesn´t know how much I spend on books. :)
My father is more of a newspaper reader. I don´t know why he doesn´t read books, but I guess it could be blamed on lack of time.
I find it very sad that I don´t have anyone in my family with whom I can talk about the books I like. I guess that´s one of the reasons I´ve started this blog.

What about you? Who reads in your family? And what are they reading?
Time for a little musing!

0 comments: