Monday, January 31, 2011

Back online!!!

So, finally I would say, I´m back online. I can tell you, it was quite intense for me. I really felt like some kind of addict.

The first few days were really intense. I constantly felt like I missed something ( and I did! Ilnoa Andrews hosted a signed cover falt contest and I´m just sure I would have won this time!). It felt really strange not being able to go online whenever I wanted (when I was at home.  seriously thought of getting myself a smartphone, but I re-considered.

The phone company is probably preparing a law suit because of me harrassing them (I think it is okay to call multiple times a day. It´s not my fault that I have to be at university and cant be there when they supposedly are free).

Raziel_thumbIn the second week, I stopped by an internet café to check my mails.I also tried to post something, but I had a very… well awkward experience there. I wanted to do a In My Mailbox post and therefore looked for a picture of the Raziel cover.

Jup, that one. Behind me sat a bunch of teenage boys who thought it incredibly funny to spy on me. Imagine their delight when they caught me looking for that cover.

I kind of decided against further posting in an internet café from this day on.

There is one thing however that really amazed my during my forced break from blogging: I actually learned something from it:

First: the world does not end when you don´t have internet connection.

Second: You would be amazed at how much time you actually find for reading. I never realized just how much of my free time I waste (?) by browsing the internet. I´m not talking things that actually make sense, like visit blogs. I´m talking about following random links and stuff.

Third: After my first week of anxiety, I was actually a little bit more relaxed. Huh. Who knew.

So even though I hated being out of the loop, it was not as horrible as I would have toufght. I´m really glad however that I´m back now

And the good thing about my break: I have tons of reviews I can post now! Because my Live Wirter still worked offline!

4 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Glad you're back online Christine! Can't wait to see your reviews on what you've been reading!

Deea said...

Welcome back!:D Oh, I know what you mean. I had some problems with my laptop last week and it was really hard to get through the days without Internet. OK, it wasn't the end of the world, but it's sooo much better when it's working! Looking forward to your reviews!
xoxo

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ohhhh SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!

Oh I think we are the ones who should have the lawsuit against the phone companies. When I moved the ran me in cirlces for about a month. It was hell! So I completely understand what you went through. :) But glad you are back up and running. :)

Unknown said...

YAY! Welcome back hon!!!=)

looking forward to your reviews!