Monday, December 13, 2010

Review: “Something Wicked”

SomethingWicked

 Author: Michelle Rowen

 Title: Something Wicked (Living in Eden #2)

 Genre: Paranormal Romance

Published: September 11th 2010

 Blurb:

Being a little wicked isn’t all bad…

Every woman has a sexy demon inside her just waiting to get out, but for Eden Riley it’s a little different. Her inner demon is named Darrak, and he’s been inhabiting bodies for the past 300 years. In the daytime, thanks to her special psychic energy, he’s able to take physical shape—a shape she wouldn’t mind getting her hands on, if it wasn’t a threat to her immortal soul…

Because of her possession, Eden now has uncontrollable black magic at her fingertips, and she and Darrak are trying to end the curse that binds them before the situation gets any worse. To do it, they’ll have to get tangled up with some unsavory characters from the underworld. When sparks and spells fly, they could get the distance they need…or each have their own private hell to pay.

*Warning: this review might contain spoilers ragarding the first book in the series!*

Review:

Something Wicked is the second book in Michelle Rowen´s Living in Eden series.

After the unfortunate ending of the events in Living in Eden, Darrak and Eden are still dealing with their little problem of sharing a body. And just like in the last book, they are desperatly searching for help. An old friend of Darrak called Theo, archdemon himself offers his help for a small favor of course. And as if her life wouldn´t be crazy enough, an old friend of Eden dissappears along with several other women, her partner Andy begins to see the world with new eyes and Her new neighbour turns out to be more than meets the eye. 

You just have to love the characters of this book. Their banter is really priceless and makes you laugh out loud more than one time.

You can really see how Darrak´s character changes throughout the book. No matter how hard he tries to convince himself that he is or could still be his former demon self,he just can´t hide the fact how much he actually cares about Eden.

Eden still has her moments of doubt concerning Darrak, doubts that are sometimes totally justified. But Eden also does some really stupid things in this book. One the one hand, that´s understandable, she is afraid but still…

The relationship between Eden and Darrak evolves as well in this book. They are so great together and you can feel the sparks flying between them!

Leena and Andy are very enjoyable side character, even though we don´t get to see them that often in this book. Andy goes through a major change, literally and I´m really curious how it will affect his charater in the next book.

We also learn more about Eden´s family and a very intersting tidbit about herself that might or might not be a crucial piece to save her and Darrak´s life.

I already mentioned it, there were so many great and funny scenes that mostly involve Darrak. One of my favorite is a scene where his friend Theo tells him he has a gift for him. Just guess what Darrak wishes for:

wait for it… a pony. How demonic! Smile

 

My verdict:

4 stars! This series has grown more and more on me with each book. I love the two main character, I really feel for them and hope they get their HEA.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review hon! I have yet to read book 1 in this series... I love Michelle Rowen though, so Im looking forward to it =D

Blodeuedd said...

Ohh sounds good :D I am gonna try my first Rowen book in Jan so looking forward to that

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

Heeh, this book sounds awesome and fun. I'm a Michelle Rowen fan, it;s a shame I jhaven't read this series yet!
It kinda reminds me of Jenna Black's Morgan Kinsley series! lol

Midnyte Reader said...

I still have to read the first one in the series!

Unknown said...

what a great review dear. I just about went digging on myself trying to will this book there. Alas, I know it will have to go on the TBR list.

I'm trying to get a Morbid Romantica Challenge 2011 off that ground. I think you might be interested. I'm trying to feature it throughout the year with some author involvement. Please do stop by and let me know what you think.

Mad Scientist
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com